The Troy Burroghs Adventures [by: D.L. Siluk]

Troy Buroghs is a man of mystery,always on the edge it seems, surrealism is the world he lives in--this is Dennis' fun series.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Troy Burroghs: Water [Now in: English and Spanish]

I was watching TV a few days ago and it just come to my mind, one of them flashbacks you hear about I suppose—you know, PTS: those Post Traumatic Stress flashes.

Anyways, the guy was talking on TV, calm like, mildly well dressed in his early ‘30s style attire, representing an insurance company. Maybe he knows about my flash backs, I thought, maybe he has flashbacks, he’s selling insurance, so perhaps this has something to do with it.

I was now wondering about my flash-back potential a while ago, and this trigger it again, it gave me the willies.

Well, he was standing in this apartment you see, and said on the TV screen, “Water, yes it can save you when you are hungry.”

(Get to the damn point, my subconscious was trying to penetrate through the smoke screen in my mind.)

Then he just looked straight at me and said,

“No kidding.” Can you believe that? Then he goes on to say, “Just drink water, it will file you up until your insurance money comes to you.”

Then this creep adds, “We pay a few days early,” not sure where he is going with this, but I hope you don’t have to drink water that long to collect.

Now he says, “Don’t go away, I got more.”

This jellyfish is giving me flashbacks. Now he is walking outside of the apartment to a front lawn. What is this guy up to, and was he really talking to me, I mean—really?

He picks up a water hose with one of the adjustable spouts, turns it up, “Fuel up,” he says, with excitement. Boy, this fish is way out of water I tell myself. Now I don’t know if he’s selling water or insurance, maybe the hose. You ever see those commercials it takes forever to tell what is being sold, well, this was one.

That was it, I had to turn the TV off and go talk to my wife. This guy made no sense, plus he irritated me; I had to take calm down pill. He could have told me to make ice cubes, and it would have make more sense than ‘now you can fuel up,’ something like that, that would have been better than a hose being shoved in my face in front of my TV. The ice cube was my flash back; I think, yes, yes, yes indeed, the ice cube. Yup, when I was eighteen-years old, I was so hungry, I had to eat ice cubes, and I was thinking about robbing a boy scout of his candy one night but couldn’t, and this guy says fill up with water; no way Jose that was my ice cube flashback.

In Spanish Translated by Nancy Penaloza

Troy Burroughs: Agua

Yo estuve viendo TV hace pocos días, y justo vino a mi mente, una de esas escenas retrospectivas acerca del que oíste yo supongo-Ud. sabe, PTS: esos destellos de tensión Post-traumáticos.

De cualquier manera, el muchacho estaba hablando en TV, tranquilo como suavemente, bien vestido en su atavió estilo de los tempranos años 30, representando a una compañía de seguros. Talvez el conoce acerca de mis escenas retrospectivas, yo pensé, quizás el tiene escenas retrospectivas, el esta vendiendo seguros, por lo tanto talvez esto, tiene algo que ver con esto.

Yo estaba ahora preguntándome, acerca de mi potencial recuerdo retrospectivo hace un rato, y esto lo activó otra vez, esto me dio las inquietudes.

Bien, el estaba de pie en este apartamento que usted ve, y dijo en la pantallas de la TV, “El agua, si esto puede salvarle cuando Ud. esta con hambre”.

(Póngase al punto maldito, mi subconsciente estaba tratando de penetrar a través de la pantalla de humo en mi mente).

Entonces el justo miro directo hacia mí y dijo,

“no me digas”.¿ Puedes tu creer eso? Luego el continuo diciendo, “solo bebe agua, esto te mantendrá hasta que tu indemnización de dinero llegue a ti”.

Entonces esta persona desagradable agrego, “Nosotros pagamos unos días adelantados”, no seguro a donde estaba yendo él con todo esto, pero yo espero que tu no tengas que beber tanta agua por mucho tiempo.

Ahora el dice, “no te muevas; yo tengo mas”

Esta medusa esta dándome escenas retrospectivas, ahora el esta caminando fuera del apartamento al césped del frente. Que esta tramando este muchacho, y estaba realmente hablándome, yo creo- realmente?

El tomo una manguera de agua con un pico ajustable, lo doblo, “impúlsalo” el dijo, con entusiasmo, muchacho, este pez esta fuera del agua, me dije a mi mismo. Ahora yo no se si el esta vendiendo agua o seguros, talvez la manguera. Tu alguna vez viste esos comerciales que toman una eternidad decirte cual esta siendo vendido, bien, este fue uno.

Así fue, yo tuve que apagar la TV. E ir a hablar con mi esposa- este muchacho no tuvo sentido, mas él me irritó; yo tuve que tomar pastillas calmantes. El podría haberme dicho para hacer hielo en cubos, y esto podría haber hecho más sentido que “ahora tú puedes impulsarlo”, algo como eso, podría haber sido mejor, que una manguera siendo empujada en mi cara en frente de mi TV. El cubo de hielo era mi recuerdo retrospectivo; yo creo, si, si de verdad, el cubo de hielo, yup, cuando yo tenia 18 años de edad, yo estaba tan hambriento, que tuve que comer cubos de hielo, y yo estaba pensando privar a un boy scout de su caramelo una anoche pero no pude, y este tipo dice, se llenan con el agua, de ninguna manera José, ese fue mi cubo de hielo retrospectivo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home